31.7.11

Home is where the heart is

I look around my room
All those memories
Both good and bad

I eat, drink and live in this house
This is the place I always return to
At least at the moment

I say that I don't like it
But to say that I love it
That isn't exactly true either

But is that enough?
Can I still call it a home?

No, not really
That just isn't quite enough
There is something it lacks

It lacks that messy coziness
The laughter that is brought by true friends
The warmth of a tea cup
Shared with someone who means the world to you

It lacks the memories of those special, late nights
Those silly moments
Those crazy ideas that always makes you smile

The safety that you know will never fail
The trust that someone will always catch you
Knowing that there will always be a shoulder to cry on

I know there is such a place
And I know that I will find it
I just have to patiently wait for it

No comments:

Post a Comment