31.5.11

The nightmare is over...

So, I've had a bit of a nightmare since Friday (27.5.)...
Friday: I went to the health centre because of a sore throat. Somekind of flue, the doctor (quite a handsome chap I have to admit) said and gave me penicillin for ten days.
Saturday: I manage alright, but swallowing medicin (a.k.a. penicillin and painkillers which I under no circumstances could manage without) was a real pain.
Sunday: Mum calls the health centre again in hope of getting a painkiller that I could swallow in one go instead of seven (I had to split a the pills and take them one by one), but instead they wanted to see me again. Well, off we went! When we get there the doctor (not the same as on Friday) says that I have peritonsillar abscess and she sent me to off to Seinäjoki where the doctor on duty was. When we got there they took a blood sample (for the record: I HATE needles and shots, especially if I know that they're meant for me) and a bit later I got to see the doctor. Probably a nice woman, effective as none I've met before at least... She just sprayed some anaesthetic in to my mouth, then stuck in a (about) 5cm needle into my mouth (Not. Fun. At. All.) and then went in with a scalpell to open the quinsy in my throat! I have never felt that much pain in my life, seriously... Afterwards they stuck in a cannula into my arm and took me in to the ward.
Monday: I had to go and see the bloody woman from yesterday again... This time I asked what she was going to do to me and she said: "I'm just going to take a look"... Take a look my -! Same horrific tasting anaesthetic and then she goes and opens the sores from yesterday with a pair of tweezers! Then she said that the quinsy would very likely re-appear if they didn't operate and take out my tonsils. At the time I couldn't care less, since I was pretty stuck up because of the whole procedure, but if this wouldn't happen again: Do as you wish! When I got back to my room the nurse noticed that tube to my cannula had been clogged, so she opened it which felt quite nasty too... As Garfield says: I hate Mondays... I acctually got a time for the operation and it went pretty well, even though I was a bit nervous and excited since I never had been operated before. I went out like a light and woke up a few hours later with the whole thing over with! My throat wasn't as sore as I thought it would be, since it acctually felr better than it had done on Friday! It was also pretty fun to get the heavier anaesthetics... That stuff really DID go straight to the head!
Tuesday: Nothing special really. I met the doctor whom operated me (and he acctually did just take a look in my throat) and he said that I could go home! I had to forget going to BHDB (a larp) on Saturday though which felt a bit bitter... But there isn't much to do about it, now is it?

That should be about it, though I might have forgotten/mixed something up, since things are a bit blurry still at the moment... Now I get to rest up a bit for a few weeks and probably get a few visitors now and then which feels kinda nice (Yes, I like attention)... AND HAVE AS MUCH ICE CREAM AS I WANT!!!
So in the end: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment