21.2.11

Under the starlit sky

I was sitting on a brick wall, looking at the star-filled night sky when he came. He sat down next to me without saying a word. I felt his gaze hit my profile, but kept my eyes on the sky.
  After a while he sighed and put his arm around me.
  I glanced at him from the corner of my eye. His handsome, blue-green eyes had found something very interesting in the night sky and I could barely keep myself from sighing happily. Having him this close to me, his arm touching my waist... This must be as close to heaven as a girl can get; for he could be no less than an angel.
  He turned to look at me and I quickly looked away, blushing slightly. Then we both looked back at the sky. I think I saw a falling star.
  "You know," I said calmly. "I hate you."
  He looked at me clearly surprised. "What?" He was about to take his hand from my waist, but I took his hand and held it there.
  When I looked at him I could see that he was confused. I giggled and said: "I hate you because I can't think of anything else. My mum's starting to loose it since I'm always spacing out.
  He blinked a few times before smiling and pulling me closer. I leaned against his shoulder and then turned my gaze to the sky again.
  "Then I think I hate you too." He said and gently stroked my side. It made me giggle since I was extremely ticklish.
  We sat like that for a while. None of us wanting to break the silence with unnecessary words.