21.2.11

Invisible

I woke up as my phone started to play a happy melody. I turned it off, got dressed and walked downstairs to the kitchen to get breakfast.

Mum was already in the kitchen and our cat sat in her lap. I said god morning to mum, but she didn't notice. I thought that she was mad about something and didn't want talk, so I just opened the fridge door. That surely got a reaction out of her! She screamed and yelled to my dad that fridge door had opened itself.

I chuckled and told her that I had opened the door, but she seemed to ignore it as she continued with her screaming. I just shook my head and turned around to see me in the mirror. The only problem was that I didn't appear in the mirror. No frizzy morning hair, freckles or dark green eyes, just the opposite kitchen wall.

I was invisible, I thought to myself thinking this had to be dream. I pinched my arm and it definitely hurt. So this wasn't a dream. As I realized this an idea crossed my mind, maybe now that I was invisible I would have the courage.

I quietly snuck into the school building. Lessons must have started since the corridors were this empty. I looked at my schedule. My class had English now. I managed to sneak into the classroom when the teacher threw Matt out into the corridor for being too noisy. I sat down on my chair right next to Chris, my secret crush. As always I ignored what the teacher was trying to get us to understand and concentrated completely on Chris.

I picked up the piece of paper I had in my pocket. I had never had the courage to give it to him before, but now was my chance. As Chris lifted his hand to cover a yawn I placed the note on his desk. He looked a bit surprised when he noticed it, but snuck it into his pocket.

After the lesson he picked it out of his pocket and read it. A smile spread across his face. His friends asked about the note.

- It's a secret, he said.

Next day the invisibility had magically disappeared to my delight. In English class Chris passed me a note; "I know you like me. So which movie do you want to see on Friday?"