13.8.11

A Small Sanctuary

  I looked over to the lake and noticed a shadowy figure sitting there, all alone. I knew about that shadows pain and I just wanted to walk down the dew wet lawn and sit down next to that figure and say:
  "You don't have to talk to me or even acknowledge that I am here next to you, if you don't want to. But I will sit down here and be available, no matter what you want, since I just can't stand around, do nothing and feel useless. Got it?"
  But something kept me from doing it. I don't know if it was selfishness or kindness. But I do sincerely regret that I merely walked off that night.
  I haven't felt your pain. But I do think that I might have a slight clue about how it must feel. And in that case I really want to make the world seem at least a little bit better.

  Telling you "It's going to be alright" would feel like hypocrisy
  Telling you "I know how you feel" would pretty much be lying
  But I want to ease your pain
  I don't need to be your guardian angel
  I don't need to be a saviour

  All I want is
  To be someone you know will care about you
  To be someone you know you can always talk to
  To be someone you know you can always trust
  To be someone you know will always help you pick yourself up when you fall
  
  
  I am not a hero
  I am not an angel
  I don't need to be someone like that
  But I want to be a small sanctuary
  That never goes away

No comments:

Post a Comment